20080912

Pecha Kucha Night 2 : Done and Dusted in Edmonton


So I made it through my first Pecha Kucha and have to say it was a great time. Though I was pretty nervous leading up to the opening, the wine helped bigtime to ease the situation. Plus it was nice to see that I wasn't the only one who had a bad case of nerves.

All in all it was a solid night. I really have nothing negative to say about the presentations as I know that it takes some courage to head up there and keep the audience captivated for a short period of time. But I did find a moment where one got uncomfortably preachy which created some debate on the way home. That for me was a great thing to come out of the show as it really raised a few questions amongst our group.

As for my routine, I think I did OK as I was able to avoid going to my notes. Plus it seemed like I was up there for only a minute as it really was a complete blur. Response was good during and at the intermission, plus I did get a few new contacts which was great. It definitely was a nice way to end the furniture run under ITEM and head into a new direction starting with the solo gig next year.

Big thanks again to Next Gen Edmonton for the invite. They really did a fantastic job and i'm looking forward to PK3!